Go Back   Scrappers' Workshop Forums > SW NEIGHBORHOOD > THE FAT FIGHT

Old 10-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to jenn Send a message via Yahoo to jenn
Default 10/26 Starting a New Week

ok, I've been WAY off the wagon. I've been sick for two weeks, and just had no energy to deal with food, so I've eaten whatever, whenever. I've not been HORRIBLE, but not very good either.

So here's to a new leaf! I found a cool tool today at livestrong.com called The Daily Plate. They have a very good calorie tracking and journaling thing. I'm going to give it a go, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Default Hello? Anyone here? Is this thing on...tap...tap...tap

Hi just wanted to revive this thread about our journey in weight loss! Jenn, thanks for sharing hungrygirl website with me, I signed up for her daily emails, and love them...keeps me thinking and on track..

Fessing up..... I did good last week all during the work week and followed the "you bite it you write it" rules of weight watchers until the weekend...then the journaling went all to.....

I did not write a single thing down but somehow when I went to weight in at WW last night, I had lost 4 pounds! WOO HOO!!

I am needing to get more faithful with exercise and water.... what are your biggest struggles?
Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to jenn Send a message via Yahoo to jenn

HOLY COW!!! FOUR lbs? You GO girl!

My biggest problem is in the evenings, I like to snack. I have several strategies for dealing with this: I save points so I can have snacks, keep on hand foods to snack on - 94% fat free popcorn, WW ice cream bars, wheat thins, red hots, apples and caramel dip, etc. But when I stay up really late, I want more than that. (think about it - eat dinner at 6, by 2 AM I haven't eaten in 8 hours). Best solution to that is GO TO BED. I know, I know. LOL

My other biggest problem is two-fold: weighing/measuring and writing it down. I tend to think I can do it on the fly in my head and by eyeballing it, but you know I can't. I've been better this week, but still not good. I love the WW online points tracker, but just like anything, you gotta do it!

I'd gained 1.8 last week mostly water, I believe, and it's off this AM so I'm back to where I was. I do weigh daily, because it gives me a good idea if what I'm dealing with is water or not. If it comes on suddenly, it will go off. If it creeps on .2 lbs a day, it's usually real gain. I used to go to meetings and be up 2 or 3 lbs and cry!! Now I see it coming and it doesn't freak me out.

How's the walking coming? I did the gym Mon and Tues this week, made it there 4 days last week (30 mins on the elliptical) and one day walked in the neighborhood. If I can keep to 4 days a week, I'll be happy!