No matter what holiday you celebrate, it's hard not to get swept up in the year-end festivities. This is my first year ever as a 'working mom' (I only work 9-2, but it seems to take up most of my day!) and I'm swamped.
So this year, instead of a post a day like we've done in the past, I'm going to do a weekly roundup of great ideas I've found. I'll post on Fridays, so hopefully you'll find a little time over the weekend to click on the links and get some great ways to make your celebrations more special!
Make it Easier:
Pinterest - follow me and I'll follow you back! For those of you who haven't tried it yet, you've GOT to check this out. Perfect for when you need a creative boost, it's my favorite guilty pleasure! And it makes it so easy to save links to things I want to try!
Piping - I've decided I'm only making cookies I can squeeze out of a bag this year! Here are my recipes:
- Mini Peppermint Meringues with Chocolate Ganache by Martha Stewart -I'm going to simplify these a little and just make meringue disks with a star-dollop of chocolate on top. Mmmm.
- Rose Levy Berenbaum's Ginger Pennies - these are the best thing you've ever eaten, but don't make them much larger than a real penny, or they'll be tough. They melt in your mouth!
- Amaretti Crisps by Martha Stewart - a lot like those Italian cookies that come wrapped in paper in a tin.
- Coconut Macaroons from my friend Amal Ahmed. Her recipe isn't online, but this one is very much like it!
Make it Tastier - Food Gift Ideas:
- Cookie Trays - gotta do something with all those cookies I piped!
- Cream Cheese Mints - I've always wanted to make these, I bought little red ceramic loaf pans to pack them in!
- Mini-S'mores - (pictured above) - who says s'mores are only for summer?
- Faux Tagalongs - I swear they taste just like those Girl Scout cookies that are peanut butter dipped in chocolate!
Make it Prettier:
- Cabinet Decor - why has it never occurred to me to put ribbon on my cabinets? How simple!
- Mason Jar luminaria - love the snowy look of these.
- Super Simple Felt Garland - the kids could do these!
Make it Scrappier:
- Simple Layouts - love this one with photos of all the toys! That's what you remember, the year you got the _______ you've always wanted!
- Scrappy Tags - here's the template I gave away last year, I'm going to use them again they came out so well!
- Calendars - I actually have one of my gift calendars done and printed, working on the other one tonight! Wish I'd thought of using templates before, these are great!
So what fun things are you doing for the holidays? Hook us up in the comments with some of your favorite things!